Family groups of phonic sounds
Sounds to Learn addresses the most common ways to form sounds in the English language, enabling even the weakest readers to have a basic framework with which to attack the English language.
The activities are suitable for 5 to 7 year old students who are familiar with phonic sounds and are ready to further investigate by using a ‘family group’ approach.
- each book contains the same family groups of phonic sounds
- Book 2 focuses on learning to spell lists of words containing each sound
- each activity uses a consistent layout for students to follow
- dotted third lines ensure proper formation of letters
- also included are sounds and word charts, flashcard blacklines, sound test sheets and a consolidation worksheet for each group of sounds